I wonder why...

I loved writing. Specially my diary. Anne Frank is solely responsible for that. Unfortunately, after writing for almost a decade, more than a decade has passed since I wrote something in my diary. This blog is a desperate attempt to revive that - something I thought publishers would be queuing up for:-)

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Negative thoughts and a cricket match

One of the best ways to love oneself, I have realised, is to shoo away negative thoughts. They occupy so much of our mind that I would term them as the single most important factor for not being able to love oneself.
So how does one keep negative thoughts at bay? How does one fight the battle against negativity? It used to be very difficult f or me. I ystruggled a lot initially. Not to say that I do not struggle now. But I found an easy way to remove negative thoughts.
Most of our negative thoughts come when we are alone. Or idle. I tried a trick which I have started calling the cricket match trick. Imagine yourself as a batsman for whom the entire stadium is cheering. They want you to hit a six, they want you to score a century, they want you to succeed. And in between a fast bowler comes and bowls a bouncer to you. Since you are a very competent batsman and the whole stadium wants you to hit a six, you go on your front foot and hit the ball straight above  the bowler for a six. 
Now just replace the ball with the negative thought that has been bothering you. Every time it comes to you, go on the front foot and hit it for a big six. The stadium - in this case is the universe - which wants you to succeed come what may. 
Try this out. It really works wonders. I have tried this every where - at home, at work, while travelling in a Mumbai local and every time it has given me success. I could actually see the negative thought being hit out of the stadium for a six. And in came a positive thought in its position. 
Try this out! It'll work.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home